What support can I expect?
As a foster carer, Slough Children’s Services Trust will support you. Financially. Emotionally. Professionally.
You will receive preparation and guidance for the task of becoming a carer, as well as ongoing training, practical and financial support. We really value the amazing work our carers do within our community, so we provide the following support:
- Regular visits from a supervising social worker to offer advice and support to foster careers and their families
- Competitive fostering fee and allowances. Find out more about these here.
- A retainer is payable to eligible foster carers
- Holiday allowance – two weeks holiday payment per annum
- Birthday allowance and festival allowance paid per annum per child
- Access to our psychology service for help and advice
- An out of hours emergency social work service
- A Saturday conference at least once a year
- Outings and social events for carers and their families
- Annual awards ceremony
- Activities and support for carer’s own children
- Monthly training available with individual plans focused on your progression and development
- Coffee mornings for carers every week
- A support group evening that meets every other month
- A support group for male carers
- A support group for sons and daughters of foster carers
- Membership to our Slough Fostering Association
- Membership of the Fostering Network, a not-for-profit organisation that provides high-quality, professional support to foster carers